Celtic and English saints july 14
h***@wondering.com
2009-07-14 16:28:58 UTC
Celtic and Old English Saints 14 July

* St. Idus of Leinster
* St. Deusdedit of Canterbury

St. Idus of Leinster, Bishop
5th century. Saint Idus was a disciple of Saint Patrick, by whom he was
baptized. Patrick appointed him bishop of Alt-Fadha in Leinster. He is
often invoked in the old Irish prayer in verse which bears the name of
Saint Moling (Benedictines, Husenbeth).
bob young
2009-07-15 01:47:02 UTC
Post by h***@wondering.com
Celtic and Old English Saints 14 July
* St. Idus of Leinster
* St. Deusdedit of Canterbury
St. Idus of Leinster, Bishop
5th century. Saint Idus was a disciple of Saint Patrick, by whom he was
baptized. Patrick appointed him bishop of Alt-Fadha in Leinster. He is
often invoked in the old Irish prayer in verse which bears the name of
Saint Moling (Benedictines, Husenbeth).
Another one who preached during that terrible false period, loosely
referred to as The Inquisition H.F.

There have actually been several different inquisitions. The first was
established in 1184 in southern France as a response to the Catharist
heresy. This was known as the Medieval Inquisition, and it was phased out
as Catharism disappeared.

Quite separate was the Roman Inquisition, begun in 1542. It was the least
active and most benign of the three variations.

Separate again was the infamous Spanish Inquisition, started in 1478, a
state institution used to identify conversos―Jews and Moors (Muslims) who
pretended to convert to Christianity for purposes of political or social
advantage and secretly practiced their former religion. More importantly,
its job was also to clear the good names of many people who were falsely
accused of being heretics. It was the Spanish Inquisition that had the
worst record of fulfilling these duties.

The various inquisitions stretched through the better part of a millennia,
and can collectively be called "The Inquisition."

h***@wondering.com
2009-07-15 16:49:03 UTC
Post by h***@wondering.com
baptized. Patrick appointed him bishop of Alt-Fadha in Leinster. He is
often invoked in the old Irish prayer in verse which bears the name of
Saint Moling (Benedictines, Husenbeth).
"Another one who preached during that terrible false period, loosely
referred to as The Inquisition H.F.

There have actually been several different inquisitions. The first was
established in 1184 in southern France as a response to the Catharist"

Which makes the first some 600 years after the person in question.

You trundle out this history as though something to make a point. It
escapes me, except as mentioned before as an example of the sinful state
of humans. Or in reminder of others who did similar in the name of your
theology which acts too are another of the same example of sin.
bob young
2009-07-16 05:37:17 UTC
Post by h***@wondering.com
baptized. Patrick appointed him bishop of Alt-Fadha in Leinster. He is
often invoked in the old Irish prayer in verse which bears the name of
Saint Moling (Benedictines, Husenbeth).
"Another one who preached during that terrible false period, loosely
referred to as The Inquisition H.F.
There have actually been several different inquisitions. The first was
established in 1184 in southern France as a response to the Catharist"
Which makes the first some 600 years after the person in question.
You trundle out this history as though something to make a point. It
escapes me, except as mentioned before as an example of the sinful state
of humans. Or in reminder of others who did similar in the name of your
theology which acts too are another of the same example of sin.
Indeed, but if the loving god was what he is claimed to be
'He' could have stopped it,
after all, the killings were done in 'His' name and by 'His' officers.

At the end of the day we have to accept that religions are a bundle of
lies.
And as the old adage goes - ' Your lies will find you out'

Which really means, at the end of the day,
there Is no 'OUT' for those propagating religion.

But you ain't gonna agree with that !
h***@wondering.com
2009-07-16 16:06:17 UTC
Post by h***@wondering.com
You trundle out this history as though something to make a point. It
escapes me, except as mentioned before as an example of the sinful state
of humans. Or in reminder of others who did similar in the name of your
theology which acts too are another of the same example of sin.
"Indeed, but if the loving god was what he is claimed to be 'He' could
have stopped it, after all, the killings were done in 'His' name and by
'His' officers."

Now you speak for God and His purpose? From the beginning we were given
the freedom of choice, some even in the name of religion have chosen
evil. That is the traditional church teaching on the subject.

What in your theology is the teaching?

"At the end of the day we have to accept that religions are a bundle of
lies. And as the old adage goes - ' Your lies will find you out'

Which really means, at the end of the day, there Is no 'OUT' for those
propagating religion.

But you ain't gonna agree with that !"

Indeed, as the logic on which it is built is faulty and the conclusions
forced.
bob young
2009-07-17 05:17:02 UTC
Post by h***@wondering.com
theology which acts too are another of the same example of sin.
"Indeed, but if the loving god was what he is claimed to be 'He' could
have stopped it, after all, the killings were done in 'His' name and by
'His' officers."
Now you speak for God and His purpose?
Did you not notice those two little words . . . . . 'but if' ?
Post by h***@wondering.com
From the beginning we were given
the freedom of choice, some even in the name of religion have chosen
evil.
No we were not given it, it has always been there for all to use,
millions of years before the first primitive carved man's first ever god
out of a piece of driftwood.

When that actually occurred we will never know, but we can be sure it did,
more than can be said for the baby Jesus story.

Tell me, how come the son of a universe creating god lived in obscurity
from the cradle right up to a claimed age of 'around twenty'
before anyone even noticed him ?

I think the myth writers, being simple folk,
didn't think those years mattered back them - Well they matter now
Post by h***@wondering.com
That is the traditional church teaching on the subject.
I know and it is disingenuous
Post by h***@wondering.com
What in your theology is the teaching?
"At the end of the day we have to accept that religions are a bundle of
lies. And as the old adage goes - ' Your lies will find you out'
Which really means, at the end of the day, there Is no 'OUT' for those
propagating religion.
But you ain't gonna agree with that !"
Indeed, as the logic on which it is built is faulty and the conclusions
forced.
I am reminded of little children being taught about the baby Jesus,
the story has no validity and no proof,
so in some eyes such teaching borders on the criminal

. . . . . . and you talk about 'force' ? !
h***@wondering.com
2009-07-17 18:37:41 UTC
Post by h***@wondering.com
forced.
"I am reminded of little children being taught about the baby Jesus, the
story has no validity and no proof, so in some eyes such teaching
borders on the criminal"

How do you know? In what respect "criminal" if you are unable to
sustain your assertion about His life?

" . . . . . . and you talk about 'force' ? !"

Force in this case meaning that your logic is forced,ie. square peg in
round hole.
bob young
2009-07-18 02:45:07 UTC
Post by h***@wondering.com
forced.
"I am reminded of little children being taught about the baby Jesus, the
story has no validity and no proof, so in some eyes such teaching
borders on the criminal"
How do you know? In what respect "criminal" if you are unable to
sustain your assertion about His life?
You put your finger on the problem yourself - because those teaching the
innocent kids cannot sustain their assertions either, they simply get what
they know from someone else who thought he knew, until we reach right back
into the murky darkness of early history and then . . . . . n o t h
i n g
Post by h***@wondering.com
" . . . . . . and you talk about 'force' ? !"
Force in this case meaning that your logic is forced,ie. square peg in
round hole.
No not at all. Atheists base their assertions on facts, logic and common
sense.

Religionists base theirs largely on 'faith' alone. Everywhere one looks,
for example in Christianity, there are square pegs in round holes.

Maybe that is why they claim it to be 'holy' ! [smile]