Celtic and English saints October 21
h***@wondering.com
2009-10-21 11:06:08 UTC
Celtic and Old English Saints 21 October

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
* St. Fintan Munnu of Taghmon
* St. Tuda of Lindisfarne
* St. Wendelin of Tholey

St. Wendelin of Tholey, Confessor
(Wendolinus, Wendel)
Died c. 607. Saint Wendelin's identity was nearly lost, although there
were
17 towns in the U.S. in 1957 named after him. He was an Irish shepherd
who
became famous for his sanctity, when settled along the Rhein following a
pilgrimage to Rome and began to evangelize the region.
A later legend makes him an Irish hermit, whose cell became the
Benedictine
abbey of Tholey in the diocese of Treves (Trier), Germany. Or, is it a
legend? The Diocese of Trier records that he was an Irish saint.

It is said that so many miracles occurred at his death that a church was
built on the spot along the Nahe River to house his relics. The church
still
survives. The 1370 stone sarcophagus, which was first used as a table to
hold the wooden shrine, and a representation of the saint from c. 1300
remain, still survive. (Benedictines, D'Arcy, Fitzpatrick, Kenney,
Montague).
bob young
2009-10-22 08:33:01 UTC
Post by h***@wondering.com
[...]
How amazing !! Are we supposed to actually believe that ?

Many miracles in the 600's and none today. That is not very logical is it
?
Montague).
Thommadura
2009-10-22 11:13:20 UTC
Post by bob young
Post by h***@wondering.com
[...]
Today - we examine the circumstances and find the real reason for the so
-called miracles.

Today - ministers on tv will "cure" cancer - and "give" sight - and get
immobile invalids to walk.

WE all can SEE it with out eyes - as a FRAUD

Back then - if you did not agree with the church's position - they
simply would kill you. Hardly a ringing endorsement for the same church
that established that the earth was the center of the universe and the
sun moved OVER it - and they were wrong about that to

HF is really good at denying the catholic church - and then accepting
what it said hundreds of years ago!
h***@wondering.com
2009-10-22 11:31:57 UTC
Post by h***@wondering.com
It is said that so many miracles occurred at his death
"How amazing !! Are we supposed to actually believe that ?

Many miracles in the 600's and none today. That is not very logical is
it"

They are reported today too. Logic fails with lack of facts by which to
create it.
bob young
2009-10-22 11:58:01 UTC
Post by h***@wondering.com
Post by h***@wondering.com
It is said that so many miracles occurred at his death
"How amazing !! Are we supposed to actually believe that ?
Many miracles in the 600's and none today. That is not very logical is
it"
They are reported today too. Logic fails with lack of facts by which to
create it.
They are reported by nutcases with an objective in view, but never
verified; as you FULL WELL KNOW
h***@wondering.com

How interesting, and you know this exactly how?
bob young
2009-10-25 01:14:02 UTC
Post by h***@wondering.com
Post by h***@wondering.com
create it.
"They are reported by nutcases with an objective in view, but never
verified; as you FULL WELL KNOW"
How interesting, and you know this exactly how?
HOW ? . . . . .

Common sense
Logic
Observation
Travel
Discussion
Comparison between the plethora of man's religions
Common themes that run in the plethora of man's religions

To mention but a few
h***@wondering.com
2009-10-26 12:20:41 UTC
Post by h***@wondering.com
create it.
"They are reported by nutcases with an objective in view, but never
verified; as you FULL WELL KNOW"
How interesting, and you know this exactly how?
"HOW ? . . . . .

Common sense Logic Observation Travel Discussion Comparison between the
plethora of man's religions Common themes that run in the plethora of
man's religions

To mention but a few"

Sad, not even approaching any degree of "proof" that can not in each
example be turned to refute your assertion. For example the many
religions, universal in fact, is easily seen as having a universal
response to something, let us say the divine for example.

So your "how" is but more opinion of the score for the penny pub
variety.
bob young
2009-10-27 11:49:01 UTC
Post by h***@wondering.com
Post by h***@wondering.com
Post by h***@wondering.com
create it.
"They are reported by nutcases with an objective in view, but never
verified; as you FULL WELL KNOW"
How interesting, and you know this exactly how?
"HOW ? . . . . .
Common sense Logic Observation Travel Discussion Comparison between the
plethora of man's religions Common themes that run in the plethora of
man's religions
To mention but a few"
Sad, not even approaching any degree of "proof" that can not in each
example be turned to refute your assertion. For example the many
religions, universal in fact, is easily seen as having a universal
response to something, let us say the divine for example.
Let us say 'Cultural platitudes' for example.

Please do not talk to me about 'proof' until you have proven your god lie
which apparently you are prepared to push down other people's throats,
innocent children included, I should suspect, completely without any proof
whatsoever.
variety.
bob young

variety.
Thommadura
2009-10-22 12:04:31 UTC
Post by h***@wondering.com
Post by h***@wondering.com
It is said that so many miracles occurred at his death
"How amazing !! Are we supposed to actually believe that ?
Many miracles in the 600's and none today. That is not very logical is
it"
They are reported today too. Logic fails with lack of facts by which to
create it.
And they are dismissed today - as being LIES

Logic fails when there is NO proof of the action!
swa@ozemail.com.au
2009-10-23 00:53:10 UTC
Post by Thommadura
Post by h***@wondering.com
It is said that so many miracles occurred at his death
"How amazing !!  Are we supposed to actually believe that ?
Many miracles in the 600's and none today.  That is not very logical is
it" They are reported today too.  Logic fails with lack of facts by which to
create it. And they are dismissed today - as being LIES
Logic fails when there is NO proof of the action!
Jesus said (John 14 : 12) Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes
on Me,
the works that I do shall he do also: and GREATER. WORKS than these
shall he do, because I go unto my Father.
One interpretation of that could be that causes, cures and
preventitive methods
would be found for diseases in humans.
There have been many Christians who have worked to find those causes,
cures
and preventitives methods through the Christian era. .

I am reminded that in 1975 there was an emphasis in the Sydney media
on Dementia.
I wrote to a person who was working in that area that 'it was a sin to
call
Dementia patients Mentally Ill for they were suffering from some form
of
neurological impairment - ie they were suffering from a physical
illness
which had loss of memory as a symptom.
Later I happened to tune into one radio station in which Alzheimers
Disease
was discussed, in my knowledge, for the first time. In some instances
the
condition of memory loss can be reversed now and even prevented by
health means.

Christian saints - all Christians are saints - see Paul's New
Testament epistles.
The Roman Catholic Church uses the term 'saint' for certain of its own
members.
However, according to the New Testament usage, as above, the first
New South Wales (Australian) saint would be Rev. Richard Johnson,
the Church of England chaplain to the First Fleet and colony at Sydney
in 1788
and all the Christians who came with him.
Gladys Swager
Thommadura
2009-10-24 02:19:32 UTC
Post by ***@ozemail.com.au
Post by Thommadura
Post by h***@wondering.com
Post by h***@wondering.com
It is said that so many miracles occurred at his death
"How amazing !! Are we supposed to actually believe that ?
Many miracles in the 600's and none today. That is not very logical is
it" They are reported today too. Logic fails with lack of facts by which to
create it. And they are dismissed today - as being LIES
Logic fails when there is NO proof of the action!
Jesus said (John 14 : 12)
Nice try - the bible is a creation of HUMANS

ANd is NOT proof of anything other than they are capable of misleading
others -

PROOF OF THAT -

YOU reject the scripture of TENS Of thousands of other religions that
claim similar "miracles" as being nonsense - INCLUDING other christian
sects you do not agree with as well.

Yet - to date - no god has EVERY come forward to verify YOUR claims or
discredit the others - in A PROVEN way to ALL PEOPLE. (The majority of
the people of the ancient world never heard the word "christ")

What YOU say is worthless without such verification
h***@wondering.com
2009-10-24 17:06:00 UTC
"Christian saints - all Christians are saints - see Paul's New
Testament epistles.
The Roman Catholic Church uses the term 'saint' for certain of its own
members."

As do the lutheran, anglican, and at least 6 or so other churches in
addition to the catholics.

The NT use of saint is done by all, the saint as one to be an example of
their spiritual life, by those who have the additional use of the term
and as has been the practice since the very earliest times. Not to have
the practice is only since some 500 years for some but not all in the
reformation movement.